Frequently Asked Questions
What is Cian®?
Cian® Solid Surfacing is a renewable decorative surface material manufactured from an advanced blend of acrylic modified polyester resin and mineral fillers. Manufactured from the highest quality raw materials Cian® Solid Surfacing is made to stringent industry standards. It is a colour throughout material providing all the incredible benefits of solid surfacing.
More information Click Here.
What is the Acrymite® System?
BC Designs’ unique ACRYMITE system is formed of an inner and outer top quality acrylic sheet. The acrylic sheets are formed seamlessly so you see no join lines. There is no gel-coat on the outside of these baths so scratches can be easily removed. Contact email@example.com on how to do this.
Where can I try your baths?
We do not have a showroom but we have many recommended retailers that show our baths around the UK. Visit our Find a Retailer page to locate your nearest displaying dealer or alternatively contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Do you supply to countries outside the UK?
We have supplied for projects around the world and are more than happy to do so. Please contact us for a shipping quote at email@example.com
Do your products have a Guarantee?
We offer a 10 Year Guarantee on all our baths.
We offer a 1 Year Guarantee on our lighting products.
We offer a 2 Year Guarantee on our Mirrors and Cabinets.
We offer a 10 Year Guarantee on our Brassware Products.
For more information, please see our Terms & Conditions.
Do I have to use your wastes with your baths and basins?
Most of our baths will come with a waste already fitted for your convenience. For all those that come without, we recommend that you use our wastes with our baths and basins to guarantee a perfect fit. If you are unsure about which waste is suitable then please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
How do I clean and maintain my BC Designs Bath?
High Gloss Finish
- To preserve the polished surface, clean your bath with a soft cloth and warm soapy water.
- As a weekly cleaner we recommend any suitable sanitary ware liquid cleaner. Rinse the surface clean immediately afterwards. Do not allow any liquid cleaner to stand for extended periods as this may stain the bath depending on the type of cleaning product.
- Do not use powders, pastes, crème cleaners, thinners or dry cleaning fluids.
- Stubborn marks and fine scratches may be removed using a car burnishing compound and soft cloth.
- More serious marks may also be removable. Contact BC Designs for advice at email@example.com
- Always run hot and cold water simultaneously into your bath or basin. Tap settings should never exceed an absolute maximum temperature of 60°C.
- Deliver water (mixed hot and cold) to the lowest point of the bath which is at the waste area.
- Avoid contact with strong chemicals and solvents (stain removers, nail varnish removers, etc)
- Wipe away any chemical spillages i.e. Hair dye, as soon as possible to avoid potential staining.
- When coloured essential oils are used, first test that the colour will not stain your bath. If it does, a burnishing compound will remove it.
Also see our Bath Painting page for more information
- We use an Exterior Eggshell paint which has a mid-sheen.
- The paint is durable, flexible and has a breathable finish.
- Resistant to flaking, peeling and colour fade for up to 6 years (providing care instructions for the surface are followed).
- Water and fungal resistant.
- Washable and wipeable.
- To clean the painted surface wipe using a warm damp cloth DO NOT SCRUB
- This product is water based and must be protected from frost and extreme temperatures.
- The remaining paint is best used within 6 months of purchase. Drying time is 1-2 hours surface dry and recoat after 4 hours depending on conditions.